Jefferson Matters: A Main Street & Chamber Community Tourism & Event Coordinator
Jefferson Matters: A Main Street & Chamber Community (A 2020 Great American Main Street Award semi-finalist) is seeking a full-time Tourism & Event Coordinator to advance and manage tourism development and market, provide support, and manage plans and budgets for special events to market Jefferson as a destination to shop, eat, play, and stay.
Qualifications: Ideal applicants will have professional experience and/or education in one or more of the following areas: marketing, communications, tourism, event planning, volunteer and/or nonprofit organization, economic development, or small business development.
Applicant must be:
- Knowledge of methods, approaches and procedures involved in tourism and destination marketing and promotion, advertising, social media, and media outreach.
- Ability to design and create promotional materials using computer software (such as Canva and Mailchimp).
- Ability to express ideas clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Works well independently as well as a strong team player.
- Shows initiative and demonstrates leadership.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Please send resume and letter of application to Jefferson Matters: Main Street, 201 E Lincoln Way or email@example.com.